|DOSE||20g for 2 shot espresso|
|BREW WEIGHT||40g out|
|EXTRACTION TIME||26 seconds|
|GRIND||Very fine – adjust to brew time|
|FILTER BASKET||18 g or 20 g VST Basket|
|WATER TEMPERATURE||205 degrees fahrenheit|
|WATER PRESSURE||9 bars|
- Use a scale to measure your dose of coffee and brewed liquid.
- Distribute the coffee evenly to ensure the bed of coffee is flat.
- Tamp down the bed of coffee with 10-15 kg of pressure. Be sure to tamp level. This is more important than the pressure.
- Adjust your grind size to have the full beverage weight in approximately 27 seconds. Extraction time is controlled by the grind setting, so it is worth experimenting with this. As you grind finer, you increase extraction time.
- For a more balanced cup, we like to give the espresso a quick stir to mix the layers before drinking. Enjoy!