|DESCRIPTION||The Kalita Wave dripper is a great way to brew coffee without making many extraction mistakes. The flat bottom provides a uniform extraction of the coffee and a delicate, aromatic cup.|
|QUANTITY||20g of ground coffee to 320g of water|
|BREWING TIME||2:30-3:00 Minutes|
|WATER TEMPERATURE||Off boiling|
|ADVICE||To get the most out of your freshly roasted coffee, you should have a good burr grinder, a scale, a timer and clean, filtered water.|
- Weigh out 20g of coffee for a single cup of 320g of water.
- Grind the coffee on a medium-coarse setting. The grind size has a big impact on taste so experiment on your own grinder for best results. Bitter and dry: grind coarser. Sour and thin: grind finer.
- Place the filter paper in the dripper and rinse it with water. Pour the coffee inside the filter paper and place it on top of a cup or server on a scale and tare.
- Start a timer and pour 40g water so that all the coffee is soaked and let it sit for 30 seconds to ”bloom”.
- After 30 seconds, pour the remaining water slowly and steadily. Pour in a circular motion from the center outwards and back to the center again. Repeat the movement so the water flows evenly and uniformly over the coffee.
- The brew should reach 320g water by about 2:45 minutes. The same pour times apply for both portions. The total brewing time will depend on your grind setting and the bean.
- Before enjoying the coffee give it a quick stir and let it cool down a little. Enjoy!